Ryugashi-Do is an hour’s bus ride from Hamamatsu. It was opened to the public in 1983, after explorers widened the cracks in the limestone to allow access and cleared away rubble. The length of the cave is about 1000 metres but only around 400 metres are developed and accessible to tourists. The stalagmites and stalactites at Ryugashido have been given whimsical names and are artfully lit so they appear resemble real things.
September 4, 2016